Senior Accountant job in Calabasas
|Insurance Discipline:||Property & Casualty|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Calabasas, CA, USA (Show on map)
Senior Accountant - statutory insurance experience needed
Salary - up to $80,000 Annually
This role is responsible for the recording of accounting transactions, the preparation of internal and external financial statements for the company and its related companies and financial analysis related to complex special projects. This position participates in the implementation of internal controls and procedures to insure the safe guard of the Company's assets.
• Prepare and review the monthly, quarterly, and annual GAAP and Statutory financial statements and filings for both external and internal users analyzing unusual fluctuations, ratios, and highlighting trends and bringing these trends to management's attention.
• Maintain and develop a strong understanding of the insurance industry and the accounting implications of changes in both GAAP and SAP on company and its subsidiaries operations. This is to be accomplished through continuing education by attending industry seminars and industry associations when possible.
• Review the monthly transactions created by the investment and reinsurance areas for accuracy, completeness, and documentation.
• May perform investment accounting functions e.g. investment inventory, valuations, and income, corresponding as necessary with the investment advisor, custodian and the NAIC - SVO.
• This position requires completion of complex multipart projects. Projects will require the analytical ability to perform complex tasks and determine whether or not the requested information will provide management with enough information to make a completely informed decision.
• Prepares monthly account reconciliation of all assigned balance sheet accounts and obtains the Controller's approval as required.
• Prepare and provide all requested schedules and working papers by the parent company to assist in the preparation of the consolidated tax return and consolidated financial statements.
• Participate in both GAAP audits and statutory examinations, preparing schedules as requested and providing copies of supporting working papers as needed.
• This position will be responsible for all reporting requirements of the Property and Casualty insurance companies.
• Prepare quarterly loss triangles for outside actuaries and make any recommendations to the Controller that appear necessary.
• Update and maintain the companies financial database, and reconcile the database with the general ledger on a monthly basis
• Oversee the reconciliation of inter-company accounts between company and its affiliates on an at least quarterly basis.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Search Insurance Jobs
- Sr. Workers Compensation Underwriter - Morristown, NJ - 4470 |
J. L. Nixon Consulting, Inc.
- Production Underwriter-Commercial E&S |
- Commercial Underwriter-Work from Home Opportunity |
- Construction Insurance Account Manager |
- Group Medical Producer |
AJC Search Associates, Ltd.
- Sr. Workers Compensation Underwriter - Morristown, NJ - 4470 | J. L. Nixon Consulting, Inc. | Morristown,
- Production Underwriter-Commercial E&S | Hollinger Jobs | Metrowest/Framingham/Southboro
- Commercial Underwriter-Work from Home Opportunity | Hollinger Jobs | Baltimore
- Construction Insurance Account Manager | Pacific Recruiting | Orange
- Group Medical Producer | AJC Search Associates, Ltd. | Paramus