AVP, Underwriting Manager (1427) job in New York
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Insurance Discipline:||Property & Casualty|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|State:||New York (NY)|
New York, NY, USA (Show on map)
AVP Underwriting Manager - Professional Liability
This is your opportunity to join a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance that stands apart for their outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for their shareholders.
Acts within established guidelines, actively markets, analyzes, reviews, evaluates and monitors new and renewal accounts of all programs, exercises independent judgment in the processing of accounts and manages underwriting activities.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
· Effectively manages personal book of business by prospecting new business targets and opportunities. Ensures new and renewal business meets established company underwriting guidelines.
· Review and evaluate new and renewal business based upon company underwriting guidelines, competition and geographic focus. Develop strategy and make recommendations.
· Review coverage requests provided by agent and determine department’s position relating to such requests within individual authority granted. Present those requests outside the individual authority to immediate supervisor for approval or guidance.
· Analyze and underwrite individual risks. Develop appropriate limit structure, retention, pricing and endorsements within authority granted. Refer to supervisor for approval if outside authority.
· Manage personal book of business.
· Cross market between the product offerings within the department.
· Meet all divisional servicing objectives including but not limited to quote turnaround, policy issuance, phone management, file maintenance and documentation, etc. Maintain data integrity within the underwriting system.
· Actively markets to brokers by soliciting new accounts, gathering market intelligence and delivering up-to-date department information relating to products and services. Manages select agency relationships to ensure objectives are achieved.
· Continue to develop and update product and underwriting knowledge.
· Maintain up-to-date familiarity with economic and legal factors that impact the department’s lines of business and the overall insurance industry.
· Participate in special projects and department initiatives at the request of manager.
· Coordinate with branch marketing representatives and profit center representatives to allow for cross marketing.
Required Education/Training & Experience:
· College degree or equivalent work experienced
· Four years or more of underwriting experience. Prefer experience within Professional Liability, including commercial E&O, D&O, EPL, Fiduciary and/or other ancillary management liability product lines. Experience in cyber/tech lines of coverage highly preferred.
· Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
· Strong financial analysis background
· Strong computer skills and experience
· Strong marketing abilities
· Strong broker relationships
· Ability to establish new broker relationships within the region
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
· Excellent negotiation and interpersonal communication skills
· Team player
Search Insurance Jobs
- Excess Casualty Underwriter |
Southern Connecticut/Fairfield County/NYC
- Broker Assistant in Pasadena, CA |
Lindalee Green, CAC
- Internal Wholesaler |
Capstone Search Group
- Senior Commercial Casualty Claims |
Richard Wright Company
- Account Manager Commercial Lines; Houston, TX |
Criterion Executive Search
- Excess Casualty Underwriter | Hollinger Jobs | Southern Connecticut/Fairfield County/NYC
- Broker Assistant in Pasadena, CA | Lindalee Green, CAC | Pasadena, CA
- Internal Wholesaler | Capstone Search Group | Frederick
- Senior Commercial Casualty Claims | Richard Wright Company | Hartford area
- Account Manager Commercial Lines; Houston, TX | Criterion Executive Search | Houston, TX