Reinsurance Accountant job in Durham
|Insurance Discipline:||Life and Health|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|State:||North Carolina (NC)|
Durham, NC, USA (Show on map)
f you want to be impactful, like to see the big picture and be an important part of helping an organization grow, then this is a strong opportunity for you to join an entrepreneurial organization that has made 15 acquisitions to date and is continuing to expand. This a lead role where you can take on additional responsibility and where you’ll be looked at for future leadership positions.
Reporting to the Controller, you’ll be responsible for reinsurance accounting, administration and analysis with a focus on Life treaties. You should have a solid background in both the technical aspects of reinsurance as well as the accounting aspects. As the company continues to integrate new acquisitions/books of reinsurance business, you’ll also be involved in process improvement and migrating to a new reinsurance system platform. Compensation is open but gravitating up to the $110,000 range plus a bonus. All in, the role is expected to be in the $125,00 range the first year. A fuller job description is below:
The Reinsurance Accountant roll is responsible for treaty administration, accounting and reporting to drive reinsurance process improvement and control monitoring across multiple bases of accounting; STAT, GAAP, Tax. This position will involve analysis of reinsurance results, presenting analytical findings, reviewing and implementing new reinsurance treaties and ensuring consistent and accurate implementation of reinsurance settlements and accounting models across domestic and international insurance subsidiaries.
· Prepare reinsurance settlements and reporting for internal and external treaties with a focus on Life treaties.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting and 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
|Bonus/Benefits:||$100,000 - $110,000 plus bonus - $125,000 range all in|
Search Insurance Jobs
- Employee Benefits Producer |
The Rogan Group, Inc.
- Workers Compensation account manager |
Bensen & Associates
- Lost Time - Workers Comp Claims Adjuster |
General Placement Service
- Safety Manager |
The Rogan Group, Inc.
- Marketing Manager (Tennessee) |
Southwest Selective Search
- Employee Benefits Producer | The Rogan Group, Inc. | Montgomery County
- Workers Compensation account manager | Bensen & Associates | San Francisco
- Lost Time - Workers Comp Claims Adjuster | General Placement Service | Sacramento
- Safety Manager | The Rogan Group, Inc. | New York
- Marketing Manager (Tennessee) | Southwest Selective Search | Nashville