Production Underwriter job in Twin Cities
|Insurance Discipline:||Property & Casualty|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Twin Cities, MN, USA (Show on map)
Our client is searching for a production Underwriter to manage a book of business in conjunction with corporate goals and strategy by understanding and driving profitability, proactively managing the results of the book, and soliciting of new business.
This position can be located in:
Sioux Falls or in the Twin Cities but would consider someone who resides in SD, MN, IA, or NE, WI or MO (telecommuting – work from home)
Our client offers an excellent compensation package with excellent benefits and profit sharing program as well.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
• Underwrite an assigned book of business
• Analyze and evaluate risk in order to underwrite new business and retain renewal business
• Monitor assigned book of business to ensure alignment with the underwriting department goals and to determine the continued acceptability of risk throughout the policy term.
• Provide exceptional customer service by establishing effective working relationships with assigned agencies
• Work collaboratively with internal staff to assist in the development of service plans as necessary.
• Create and deliver PowerPoint presentations to agents and insured’s, preparing and presenting cost comparisons of various products, including all aspects of preparing, analyzing and presenting large deductibles, explaining reciprocal concepts
• Perform all levels of deductible analysis, including large deductibles which involves being able to appropriately analyze losses within retention, develop appropriate structure of program for the insured, and effectively communicate to agent and insured to ensure understanding.
• Utilize and apply effective loss modeling tools such as Loss Forecaster or excel rating models to adequately price for underlying exposures.
• Work on assigned special projects to gather, analyze and report data on risk trends, underwriting results, and other business analysis as needed.
• Provide elevated support for underwriting leadership team as needed.
• Participate in underwriting audits, provide reports as needed and other functional responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills required:
• Business or related degree preferred.
• 5 or more years of previous underwriting and/or workers compensation experience required.
• Intermediate or advanced level of Excel knowledge.
• Proficient in other Microsoft products including Word, PowerPoint and Outlook including development and presentation of PowerPoint slides to effectively communicate underwriting summary of account.
• Effectively utilize pricing tools such as loss sensitive rating plans, dividends, large and small deductibles and the associated credit risk.
• Professional presentation skills in person, web conferencing or telephonic.
|Salary:||$80,000 - $110,000|
Search Insurance Jobs
- Marketing Account Executive |
The Rogan Group, Inc.
- International Commercial Lines Account Manager |
AJC Search Associates, Ltd.
- Marketing Manager - Commercial Lines |
- Claims Field Auto Appraiser Oshkosh WI |
Criterion Executive Search
- Account Executive, Employee Benefits Consultant; Ft. Myers, FL |
Criterion Executive Search
Ft. Myers, FL
- Marketing Account Executive | The Rogan Group, Inc. | Southeast
- International Commercial Lines Account Manager | AJC Search Associates, Ltd. | Short Hills
- Marketing Manager - Commercial Lines | QuestPro Consultants | Seattle
- Claims Field Auto Appraiser Oshkosh WI | Criterion Executive Search | Oshkosh
- Account Executive, Employee Benefits Consultant; Ft. Myers, FL | Criterion Executive Search | Ft. Myers, FL